Wednesday, December 1, 2021

UConn, UMass (2021)

I ranted about the apes of UMass and UConn in this post and this post, and I really have nothing to add other than I think their coaching decisions (Don Brown for UMass, Jim Mora at UConn) were probably the best they could do under the circumstances. If either team gets into a bowl game in the next few years, I'll be more than happy to do an "I WAS WRONG" post and blog endlessly about their uniforms for a whole month.

Now, onto their uniforms for this season ...

UConn may be blah on the the field, but at least the Huskies look good while losing. They continued their look from 2019 (UConn didn't play in '20 because of COVID-19); there's a lot of mixing and matching going on, but every uniform is clean and simple. I wonder if Mora will keep the trend, or go for something new? 

UMass, like UConn, looks good even if the team plays no-so-good. After using only two styles during the COVID-abbreviated 2020 season, the Minutemen expanded to seven combos in '21, all pretty straightforward. I like the occasional use of the 1990s logo, although I wouldn't want to see it every game.

No comments:

Post a Comment